About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

This amazing recipe was fast and tasty and authentic tasting! It was great the day I made it and it was wonderful as leftovers. Don't pass this one up! You will love it! The recipe is courtesy of The Sisters Cafe and can be found here.

CROCKPOT CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP

Posted at: http://recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com
Adapted from: sisterscafe.blogspot.com

• 3 chicken breasts
• 2 15-oz cans black beans, drained
• 3 15-oz cans diced tomatoes
• 1 cup salsa (I used 2 cups to give it more kick)
• 2 4-oz cans chopped green chilies
• 1 14 ½-oz can tomato sauce
• 3 cups grated cheddar cheese, for topping
• Tortilla chips, for topping
• Sour cream, for topping

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 hours. During the last 1/2 hour of cooking, remove chicken breasts and slice or shred into bite-sized pieces. Stir into soup. Serve with cheese, chips, and sour cream. Freeze leftovers.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

So good isn't it? I think I still have some in my freezer!

-Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com