About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Divine Breadsticks

Unlike the name would lead you to believe, these weren't really divine. They turned out too hard and not squishy like I like them. They were still edible and good when dipped in the spaghetti sauce I had made for our manicotti, but nothing really special.

I looked up the recipe again to see what had gone wrong and I found that Real Mom Kitchen had adapted the recipe I had originally found and made some changes that I was planning on making the next time I try this recipe out. And hers really did turn out to be divine! I think my flour must be really thick because it always seems to be too much when I use what the recipe calls for. Next time I am going to start with 3 cups of flour and see if that is enough before adding the addition 1/2 cup. Not that these breadsticks weren't good, but I think that if you follow this adapted recipe below from Real Mom Kitchen that they really will be divine.

Recipe and picture are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found here.

DIVINE BREADSTICKS
From Real Mom Kitchen

1 ½ cup warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
Butter for the pan (I used 6 tblsp. and that seemed to be perfect.)
1 tsp garlic salt
parmesan cheese

Mix first 5 ingredients and knead for three minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt desired amount of butter and mix in garlic salt . Roll out dough into approximately 9 x 13 rectangle and cut into 12 strips. Roll in butter mixture, twist dough and put on baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Cover and let rise 30 minutes. Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments: