About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Molly's Rolls

This is the recipe for my all-time favorite "quick" rolls. This is my go to recipe for rolls! These are so delicious I have made this recipe probably a dozen times. They are easy and come out fluffy yet chewy at the same time. I have changed up several of the ingredients in the times I have made them to make them as healthy as possible. I wish I had a wheat grinder... but until then these delicious rolls are well worth any amount of calories needed to consume them. Just try to hold yourself back better than I can and eat 1 or 2 instead of 4 or 5....  :-)

This picture and recipe are courtesy of the wonderful Real Mom Kitchen and can be found at this site here: http://realmomkitchen.com/139/mollys-rolls/


Molly’s Rolls
Adapted from Real Mom Kitchen

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (I just heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit while the yeast bubbled; I recommend using whole milk because it will help your rolls to have a better consistency but if you absolutely need to cut back on fat and calories I have used skim milk before with success)
1/3 cup honey
1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbsp + 2 tsp applesauce
1/2 T salt
1 egg, beaten (or 2 egg whites)
flour (I ended up using around 5 cups)

In mixer combine yeast, honey, and warm water; let grow until bubbly (about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil, applesauce and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Place in a greased glass or metal bowl, cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover again with a clean cloth and let rise an additional 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter. I made 2 dozen with this recipe.

No comments: