About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Flax Muffin in a Mug

I love finding new things to have for breakfast that are delicious, easy, and definitely healthy. I usually have "Biggest Loser" pancakes or my Greek yogurt smoothie but I found this recipe on Pinterest and had to try it! It was delicious. Very easy to make and filling and satisfying. Plus, this recipe is filled with heart healthy monosaturated fats - BONUS!

The recipe below is my altered recipe. For the original recipe, nutritional information and source of the picture go to this link here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=868006

*UPDATE! 4/3/12 ~ I made this again for breakfast this morning and followed the same recipe below except I added 1 Tbsp of vanilla whey protein powder. WOW! It was delicious! I think I will continue to do so. 

FLAX MUFFIN IN A MUG
Adapted from SparkRecipes

1 tsp. butter
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tbsp ground flaxmeal
2 tbsp ground almonds
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 – 2 tsp Stevia or sweetener of choice
Fresh sliced fruit (optional)

Spray a mug with non-stick spray, add butter and microwave for a few seconds to melt it. Add the rest of the ingredients to the mug, stir and micowave for one minute. Be careful, if you have a 1100W microwave one minute is too long. Try 45 seconds and if it isn't done, add a few seconds at a time until it is done. (Mine took about 1:10) Every microwave is different, so you may have to "play" with the recipe.

When muffin is done, just turn it out onto a plate.

Makes 1 muffin (3 net carbs)

No comments: