About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, February 5, 2010

IHOP French Toast

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this AMAZING French toast yet! Oh man, it is good! The first time I made it we did Italian bread, thickly sliced. This time I didn't have Italian bread, so we did English Muffins. SOOOOO good! I am not even sure which one I like better. This is INCREDIBLY easy and INCREDIBLY tasty! Try it! You won't be sorry. I haven't tried the coconut syrup yet because the ingredients are a bit more obscure, but I am sure it is tasty as well. This recipe and picture are from The Sisters' Cafe and can be found here.

IHOP French Toast
from http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/

2 eggs
½ c. milk
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 T. flour
6 slices of thick sliced French bread

First beat eggs, then add remaining ingredients with electric mixer. Dip both sides of bread and place in hot buttered pan. Flip over when browned. Serve with Coconut Syrup.

COCONUT SYRUP

7-8 T. butter
¾ c. buttermilk
1 c. sugar
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp coconut extract

Place butter, buttermilk and sugar in a pot. Then turn stove on medium and stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Remove from heat and add soda and flavoring. It will bubble up; just continue to stir and give it a few minutes for the 'fizz' to reduce before serving.

No comments: