About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Supper-Time Sunday!

Zucchini & Yellow Squash Spaghetti
RATING: A-
What a fantastic way to use up all of those zucchini and squash people have coming out of their ears at this time of year! This light and refreshing dish had a wonderful zip of flavor and was loved by the whole family. It is a bit more intensive to have to make... I only had a box grater to grate my zucchini and squash and it took a decent amount of time. Make sure that when you do yours that you grate all around the outside and leave the seeded part in the middle. It will make it SOOO much easier to grate and tastier too. I wish I had known that when I started! I also didn't want to buy fresh basil so I just used dry. The conversion ratio is 1 tsp dried = 1 tbsp fresh. I used whole wheat noodles and we will most likely make this one again.

No comments: