About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup

I love coming across recipes that are quick and easy to put together and very tasty. I love Chicken Enchilada Soup and this one didn't disappoint. I think the entire soup came together in about 15-20 minutes and doesn't call for any ingredients that I didn't already have on hand except for the enchilada sauce. I will definitely be making this one again. The recipe below is my altered recipe. The picture and original recipe are courtesy of Bettycrocker.com and can be found here.

CHEESY CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
From Bettycrocker.com

2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup with 30% less sodium
1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso® enchilada sauce
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into small pieces
Taco seasoning
2 cups frozen corn
Crushed tortilla chips

1. In 3-quart saucepan, mix chicken soup, enchilada sauce, milk, and cheese.
2. In a skillet cook chicken pieces and season as desired with taco seasoning. (We also used a little bit of chipotle seasoning.)
3. Add cooked chicken and frozen corn to soup mixture.
4. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. Top individual servings with tortilla chips.

No comments: