About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Au Gratin Potatoes

I realize that there are a million versions of this recipe and, if you grew up with them like I did, I am sure you believe that the version you are familiar with is the best. Well, I'm going to tell you that this is the TRUE best. I absolutely love these potatoes. So much so that I will eat them cold, right out of the pan, the next day. I have never made them by myself before and so this was a great adventure for me. They turned out wonderfully and I am excited to make them again. The picture is courtesy of Kraft Foods.

AU GRATIN POTATOES


5 - 6 good sized potatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Chives and pepper to taste

Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, washed and cut in half. Cook just until potatoes are getting soft. Using a cheese grater, grate the potatoes like you are shredding a block of cheese. (This is easily accomplished if you are wearing an oven mitt on your grating hand. The potatoes should be soft enough that the potato peel will pull away during grating and can be discarded.)

Place shredded potatoes in a bowl. Mix together all ingredients other ingredients with the potatoes and place in a greased 13x9 pan. Top with extra cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: