About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Best Meatballs with a Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce

I got this recipe from my friend, Amy. (Posted on Facebook). We love pasta and so I wanted to give this one a try. I thought the meatballs were good, but what really made the dish was the sauce. SOOOOOOOOOOOO good! Jake absolutely went crazy about it and told me to DEFINITELY keep this recipe. Quick, easy, and easily adaptable to ingredients you have on hand.

The Best Meatballs

2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken (or Turkey!)
1- 1/4 cups water
2 eggs salt and pepper

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Mix ingredients until blended; shape into balls. Each meatball= 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture.
2. Place meatballs on each prepared pan. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until done.
3. Freeze half or more of meatballs for later. Combine 16 meatballs with Tomato-Basil Cream sauce.

Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced (or 4 tsps. Minced garlic)
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (or leave them out if you don't like mushrooms)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
salt and sugar to taste
4 oz. cream cheese, cubed
2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped

Heat oil in a skillet. Saute garlic and mushrooms until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Heat through. Salt and sugar to taste. Stir in cream cheese and basil until cheese is melted and heated through. Add in meatballs. Cover and cook until heated through. Serve over hot pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

No comments: