About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

Okay, so I said last night that we were definitely Mexican people. Well, I am back to say that we are definitely Italian people! This dish is so quick and easy that I got off work at 7:00 pm and we were FINISHED eating just after 8:00 pm. Very basic ingredients and VERY tasty! Try it and LOVE it!

CHICKEN & BROCCOLI ALFREDO

8 oz. uncooked linguine or spaghetti
1 c fresh or frozen broccoli florets
2 T butter or margarine
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/2 c milk
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 t pepper
½ t salt
½ t garlic powder

Prepare linguine according to package directions. Add broccoli for last four minutes of cooking time; drain. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, stirring often. Add soup, milk, cheese, pepper, salt, garlic powder and linguine mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Serve with additional cheese. Salt and Pepper to taste.

*NOTE: I added the salt and garlic powder to the recipe. If you want to eliminate it, go for it. We have also had this with all sorts of noodles. Tonight we had it with penne and we loved it!

1 comment:

Gianina said...

This looks really good! Yum!