About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Pizzas

This is another easy and fantastic recipe that I found on The Sister's Cafe. This was the perfect blend of flavors and my entire family (my parents, brothers, and sister included) absolutely loved it. My dad said it was one of the best things I have ever made and I think Jake had 4 or 5 helpings! Don't pass this recipe by - it is definitely a keeper! I have listed the original recipe here but please take note of my changes at the bottom.

CHICKEN ENCHILADA PIZZAS
Submitted by Erin ~ The Sisters Cafe

4 flour tortillas (8-10 inches in diameter)
1 T. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 c. chopped cooked chicken breast
½ c. green salsa (salsa verde)
1 can (2 ¼ oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
1/3 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
1 large tomato, chopped (optional)
Chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oven to 400°. Place tortillas on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake about 5 minutes or until crisp.

While tortillas are baking, heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion in oil, stirring frequently, until tender; remove from heat. Stir in chicken, salsa, and olives.

Spread sour cream on tortillas. Top with chicken mixture, chopped tomatoes if desired, and cheese. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.

*My Changes: 1/2 cup salsa verde is NOT enough. We doubled the recipe and used an entire bottle (close to 1 3/4 cup.) Start with 1/2 cup and add more salsa as the consistency of chicken mixture fits your tastes.

The Monterey cheese is, I am sure, delicious - but not necessary. We used a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella and it turned out great.

We used 1 can of sliced olives for doubling the recipe. Once again, just watch carefully before dumping the ingredients in so you make sure you get the amount you want.

We did not sprinkle the top with chopped fresh cilantro but mixed it into the chicken mixture. This makes it much easier to eat and very delicious!

No comments: