here. The photo is also courtesy of Pamela D. at Allrecipes.com.
LASAGNA ALFREDO ROLL UPS
• 10 lasagna noodles
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked according to microwave directions
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
• 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 21 ounces Alfredo-style pasta sauce
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 2 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan over medium heat add oil and cook green onions and garlic until tender, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat and stir in cooked spinach, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt, Italian seasoning and egg.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. Place noodles in a single layer on a sheet of waxed paper. Evenly spread some of the cheese mixture on each noodle. Roll up each noodle from the short end, jelly-roll style.
5. In a 8x12 inch baking dish, spoon about 3/4 of the Alfredo sauce on the bottom and spread evenly. Arrange the rolled noodles, seam side down, in the dish. Top with mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce. Cover loosely with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted. Serve.