About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

30 Minute Rolls

There is nothing that I like better than a good dinner roll but who wants to spend the hours making them? Definitely not me! When I saw this recipe on REal Mom Kitchen I knew immediately it was a keeper. We LOVED these rolls and I had to force myself to stop eating them so there was still room for dinner. They were fluffy and tasty and even though the recipe calls for a large amount of yeast they don't taste strongly of yeast. I have included both of the recipes "Real Mom" listed on her website - one recipe for 3 dozen rolls and one recipe for 1 dozen rolls. The picture is also courtesy of this wonderful site and can be found here.


30-MINUTE ROLLS (1 DOZEN VERSION)
From Real Mom Kitchen

1 1/8 cups plus 2 tsp. warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 T yeast
1/4 cup sugar or honey
½ tsp. Salt
1 eggs
3 ½ cups flour

Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs – gradually add flour. Shape into dinner rolls, or use in your favorite recipe that calls for dough. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. For rolls, Bake 10 minutes @400 degrees ‘till golden brown.

30-MINUTE ROLLS (3 DOZEN VERSION)
3 ½ cup warm water
1 cup oil
6 T yeast
¾ cup sugar or honey
1 ½ tsp. Salt
3 eggs
10 ½ cups flour

Mix 1st 4 ingredients and let rest for 15 minutes. Add salt and eggs – gradually add flour. Shape into dinner rolls, or use in your favorite recipe that calls for dough. After shaped, let rest for 10 minutes. For rolls, Bake 10 minutes @400 degrees till golden brown.

*NOTE: The amount of flour called for in this recipe is not enough to make the dough non-sticky. That is okay! It SHOULD be a little sticky. Just spray your hands with some non-stick cooking spray to form the dough. If you add more flour so that the dough is no longer sticky your rolls will end up more crumbly than chewy.

No comments: