About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Key Lime Dessert

I made this to take to our cousin Tonya's baby's blessing. I wish I could have taken pictures because it looked SOOO pretty, but I felt really weird whipping out my camera and taking pictures of the dessert on my plate in the middle of a big family party. Can't imagine why, huh? (It looks like a green cake with a chocolate cookie crust and white frosting.) Anyway, this was a HUGE hit! Seriously, people SWAMPED it and it was devoured within 5 minutes. It is pretty rich but is super tasty. It was a little more involved to make so I would recommend making it on a low key Saturday when you can do a bunch of stuff in between steps. I don't remember exactly where I got this recipe but I think I clipped it out of the Deseret News C section one day.

KEY LIME DESSERT

CRUST:
2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter

FILLING:
1 large box lime gelatin
2 cups boiling water
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided

Combine cookie crumbs, sugar and butter and mix well. Press into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan and set aside.

To make filling, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Chill until quite thickened, about 1 hour. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on low with a hand mixer until fluffy. Beat in thickened gelatin. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour over crust and chill for several hours. Top with remaining whipped topping. Serves 12. (Or more when you cut it into smaller pieces which I recommend because of the richness of the dessert.)

1 comment:

Gianina said...

Yum! I love anything key lime!