About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

What a fabulous Family Night treat! SOOOO easy to make with ingredients you mostly already have around the house! I got this recipe in the Deseret News and it is really fabulous! It is RICH so 1 "cake" can definitely go for two people! If I had whipped cream I definitely would've toped this with it, or served it with vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!

CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A MUG
From Deseret News

4 Tbsp. plain flour (NOT self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
¼ tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
Dash of vanilla

Empty dry ingredients into a microwaveable mug. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil. Mix again. Add chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again. Cook in microwave for 2 ½ - 3 minutes. Allow to cool. Eat from mug or tip out on plate and slice.

*NOTE: After you add the egg it is quite difficult to mix! Stick with it until mixture looks like a regular wet cake batter. You can do it!

1 comment:

Dan and Kristin said...

this looks fantastic! I'm excited to try it!!