Wednesday, March 17, 2010
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small strips
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion of choice (red, sweet, yellow, or white), sliced
1 packet of fajita seasoning
Cheese, Sour Cream, Guacomole, or whatever you prefer
These are the directions from the back of the fajita seasoning packet (Western Family brand):
1. In large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. vegetalbe oil; saute 1 onion sliced and 1 green bell pepper cut into thin strips until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil; brown chicken strips.
3. Add fajita seasoning mix and 1/4 cup water; blend well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Return vegetables to skillet to heat.
5. Use fresh, warm flour tortilla (8-10"). Place 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla. Serve with fresh salsa, sour cream, and guacomole.
*NOTE: We only used cheese for toppings. The mix is SOOO flavorful, you really don't need much else. If you don't like things to be very strong I would recommend sour cream.