About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

This picture is not the pizza I made. It was gone too fast to take a picture of, plus I was not at home when I made this pizza. The picture is what inspired our creation, is courtesy of Allrecipes.com, and can be found here.

My sister and I spend Wednesday evenings together while our husbands are at work and school. Her husband doesn't like very many things (no creams, for example) so I have had to expand my recipes to fit his taste buds. I had a premade pizza crust sitting in my pantry and so we decided to put together our own BBQ Chicken Pizza. If you are like us, you don't want to spend the money to get specialty cheeses a lot of the time - and gouda fits under the category of a specialty cheese. This was our simple version of a FANTASTIC BBQ Chicken pizza, invented by us. It was super good and was a huge hit with the husbands! Took less than a half hour from start to finish!

BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA

2 chicken breasts, cut into small strips
¼ cup + 2 TBSP Favorite BBQ Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
½ - ¾ red pepper, sliced into thin strips
3 green onions, sliced
2 cups American cheese
1 premade pizza crust

In a large frying pan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add chicken pieces. Saute until cooked (about 6 minutes). Remove from heat and mix in a bowl with 2 T barbecue sauce. Set aside.

Spread ¼ cup barbecue sauce on surface of premade pizza crust. Distribute cheese over the sauce and the chicken over the cheese. Place pepper strips and green onions over the chicken pieces. Top with a little bit more cheese.

Bake at 450 for 8 – 10 minutes.

No comments: