This is a very basic "meat and potatoes" recipe that is easy to make. I am not going to post the nutritional information for the original recipe because it has WAY too much unnecessary fat in it. Just a few simple changes make this so much better for you and those changes are reflected in my recipe below. Also, the original cooking time is WAY too long. Keep a close eye on it and it will be great!
You can also add additional spices if you like - a little garlic or seasoned salt instead of normal salt would taste great! I would also recommend replacing one of the green peppers with a red pepper.
This picture and recipe are from Allrecipes.com and can be found at this site here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/polish-meat-and-potatoes/detail.aspx
Kielbasa and potatoes
From Allrecipes.comPrinter Friendly Version
· 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
· 1 onion, chopped
· 2 green bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
· 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil
· 1 (16 ounce) package light kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (I would also recommend turkey sausage if you can find it)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee the thinly sliced kielbasa until it is nicely browned. Use a slotted spoon to remove sausage to a warm platter. Cook onions and potatoes for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce flame to medium and stir in bell pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in kielbasa, cover, and cook until onions are caramelized.