About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Spaghetti Florentine

This was definitely unusual - there is no doubt about that. It is completely vegetarian and has a very unique flavor. However! It was tasty, we liked it, and it was easy! So, try it and see what you think! This recipe was from campbellskitchen.com! P.S. If you don't like the flavor of spinach, this is NOT the recipe for you!

SPAGHETTI FLORENTINE

1 can (14 oz.) Swanson® Chicken Broth (1 3/4 cups)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1 pkg. (about 10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 medium tomato, diced
4 cups hot cooked spaghetti, cooked without salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

MIX broth, flour, Italian seasoning, garlic and pepper in saucepan. Add spinach. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.STIR in yogurt and tomato. Toss with spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.Serves 6.

*I added salt and extra pepper, lemon juice, and extra garlic powder to my sauce. I like things with FLAVOR!
*NOTE: I enjoyed this recipe the night I made it, but it was 10 times better the next day re-heated for lunch! The parmesan got all melty and the taste of the spinach wasn't nearly as strong.

3 comments:

Amy Beagley said...

I would have to put some chicken or something in there, Emi won't eat anything without meat.

You must be a member of allrecipe's Recipe of the Day. I love getting those but I have over 400 recipes that I've haven't tried yet!

Amy Beagley said...

I'm going to make your enchilada casserole tonight!!! Do you use red enchilada sauce or green? I picked up some green because that is what Emi and I like best.
I'll let you know how I like it!

Amy Beagley said...

That's funny because that isn't the experience we had at all, as you can read from my review post. Then again, I did do a couple of things different. Maybe its still worth a try!