About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Mom's Quick and Easy Apple Crisp

This is a recipe that I tried with some of my girlfriends because we had a TON of apples sitting around in our house. It was another shot in the dark recipe and I LOVED it! Super quick and easy - especially if you have girlfriends to help you cut up the apples.

MOM'S QUICK AND EASY APPLE CRISP

8 Granny Smith apples, peeled & sliced thin
1 c. sugar
1 c. flour
1/4 c. oats
1/2 c. butter
1 tsp. cinnamon

Cream sugar and butter. Mix in flour, cinnamon and oats. Place apple slices in glass pie dish (8 or 9 inch). Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high (optional). Remove plastic wrap, sprinkle with flour mixture, pat a little. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

*The original recipe doesn't call for you to toss anything with the apples... I thought this was rather curious and so I tossed them with 3 Tbsp. butter creamed with 1/4 cup brown sugar, a dash of nutmeg, a palm full of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.

No comments: