About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Upside Down Spaghetti

This is a classic spaghetti dish in our home. Jake and I love it and we even had it for our anniversary dinner! It's super quick, easy, and doesn't require many ingredients!

UPSIDE DOWN SPAGHETTI

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream
12 oz. spaghetti noodles, cooked and drained
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1-2 c mozzarella cheese

Mix cream cheese and sour cream together. Spread mixture in the bottom of a 9x13x2-inch pan. Place spaghetti noodles over cream cheese mixture. Pour spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top. Bake for 45 minutes at 350°.

*If noodles and sauce are already hot, baking time can be reduced to 20-25 minutes.
*Spaghetti noodles can be substituted for fettuccine noodles or angel hair.
*Using 6 oz. of cream cheese and sour cream instead of 8 oz. makes the cream cheese taste less overwhelming. I also like to use 16 oz. of noodles instead of 12 oz.
*Cheddar cheese is the preferred cheese in our house and it tastes great! I also top my "casserole" with italian seasoning.

No comments: