About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fantastic French Toast from Campbells

Pregnancy has brought a LOT of different cravings and French Toast has been a constant. I am very picky about my French Toast and I was very pleased with this recipe. I would probably make it every morning if it was a bit more healthy for me...

FANTASTIC FRENCH TOAST FROM CAMPBELLS

From: Family Time
Prep: 5 minutes
Serves: 4

2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon or vanilla extract
pinch salt
8 slices day-old homemade style bread or any slightly stale bread

Preheat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat. Lightly beat the eggs in a pie plate or similar shallow dish. Stir in the milk, sugar, cinnamon or vanilla, and salt.

Put about 1 tablespoon of butter or oil on the hot griddle or in the skillet. While it's heating, dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture. Turn it to coat both sides and then transfer it to the griddle. Continue to coat the rest of the bread slices. Add more butter or oil as needed to the pan to prevent sticking. Cook 1 or 2 slices at a time. Cook the bread for 30 seconds to a minute, or so, until lightly browned. Turn and cook until lightly browned on the other side.

Transfer the cooked French toast to a plate and serve hot. Serve with syrup or jam.

To keep the French toast warm, put it in a 200 degree F oven for up to 30 minutes.

*I like to use the cinnamon AND vanilla. Also, the longer you soak the bread in the mix before putting it on the skillet - the softer it will be. (I like mine to be REALLY soft.)

No comments: