Slow Cooker meals are really a must in this day and age of rush and go. This dish was really easy to put together. I was a little disappointed though because there was so much beautiful and delicious looking sauce in the crockpot and you only utilize it in a very small portion. And then the chicken ended up tasting far less flavorful than I was expecting. It was good, but not amazing. If you are looking for a solid slow cooker recipe than this is a good one but I wouldn't use it to plan on "wow-ing" guests.
The picture and recipe are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found at this site here: http://realmomkitchen.com/6924/slow-cooker-chicken-tacos-verde/
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos Verde
From Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 oz.) jar of salsa verde
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- shredded cheese
- pico de gallo or fresh salsa
- tortilla shells
- Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top chicken with the diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. The pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred. Mix in enough of the juice leftover in the slow cooker to make the meat moist.
- Spoon chicken into tortillas and top with shredded cheese, guacamole and pico de gallo.