About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Swedish Meatballs

This is, hands down, one of my all time favorite meals. I am not a big raw meat person so Jake usually mixes it for me and forms the meatballs - but it is a simple, quick recipe that tastes DIVINE!

SWEDISH MEATBALLS

1 lb. Hamburger
½ c. oats
1 egg, slightly beaten
¾ tsp. Salt
Few grains pepper
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c. milk

SAUCE

½ c. brown sugar
¼ c. vinegar
1 tsp. mustard
¼ c. barbeque sauce
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Mix together and roll in balls. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes. Heat sauce and pour over meatballs. Serve over rice.

*I recommend doubling the sauce recipe and pouring it over the meatballs BEFORE cooking. This gives more sauce to put over the rice and a stronger meatball flavor.

No comments: