About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Chicken Parmesan

I am all about quick recipes that taste really good without having to spend an eternity in the kitchen and using a hundred different dishes that I will need to wash afterwards. I love cooking, but I love simplicity also! This recipe is a great one. Jake and I ate almost the entire thing by ourselves last night!

CHICKEN PARMESAN

1 can (32 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2-3 chicken breasts, cut up
1 cup parmesan cheese

Add all ingredients in crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 2 - 3 hours, or cook in Dutch oven and simmer 2-3 hours. Serve over cooked noodles.

*I only used 26 oz. of spaghetti sauce and sprinkled the cheeses to my liking. (Not exact measurements)

My Spaghetti Sauce Strategy: I start with a VERY basic sauce in a jar. (You can get them for $1.00 at the grocery store). I add a package of spaghetti seasoning, and basically anything that sounds good that day! Usually a little extra salt, garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, and sometimes paprika.

No comments: