The original recipe and source of the picture are courtesy of Dashing Dish and can be found at this site here: http://www.dashingdish.com/2012/02/banana-bread-protein-muffins/
BANANA BREAD PROTEIN MUFFINS
Heavily adapted from Dashing Dish
- 1 cup ripe banana (about 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Add sweetener of choice if you wish; however, the vanilla powder makes them sweet already so use caution. I would not use more than 1 – 2 Tbsp stevia or any other alternative sweetener.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, or line with silicone or foil liners, (spray liners if using).
2. Place all of the ingredients in a blender, (or food processor), and blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
(Note: be sure to use either silicone or foil liners with the paper insert removed because they will stick, as does any muffin made with oats rather than flour!)