About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Flaxy Green Smoothie

Here is another delicious and nutritious smoothie recipe for you to enjoy! I absolutely loved this smoothies lime green color. The taste of the pineapple was delicious in the smoothie as well. This recipe is courtesy of the Blendtec cookbook but it can be found online at this site here: http://www.blendtec.com/recipes/view/222


FLAXY GREEN SMOOTHIE
  • 2 Tbsp flax seeds
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 banana, peeled
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 2 Clementine oranges, peeled (or 1 orange, peeled)
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
Add water and flax seeds to blender and secure lid. Press "Pulse" 4-6 times. Add remaining ingredients to pitcher in the order listed above and secure lid. Blend until smooth and serve.

Pin It

2 comments:

Yasmeen said...

Shayla, I just want to say that it is really awesome to see how your recipes have changed over time.

Shayla Bentley said...

Yasmeen! I was just thinking the same thing the other day! I love it!