About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomato Egg Sandwiches

It should be of no surprise to anyone that knows me that I LOVED this sandwich. I love all of the ingredients called for in this sandwich and I love how the flavors combine together. It came together very quick and very easily and I didn't change a single thing about the recipe except for the kind of sundried tomatoes that we used. Make this one. You will love it!

This lovely picture and source of the recipe are courtesy of Smells Like Home and can be found at this site here: http://smells-like-home.com/2012/03/spinach-feta-and-sundried-tomato-egg-sandwiches/


Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomato Egg Sandwiches
source: Smells Like Home original

§  2 tsp olive oil
§  2 cups fresh spinach, stemmed
§  4 sundried tomatoes, rinsed, drained, and chopped (I just used sundried tomatoes that came in a nice little bag from Smith's. They are already dry and chopped and so I added about 1/2 cup.)
§  2 eggs beaten with a dash a water
§  Pinch of garlic powder
§  1/4 tsp dried oregano
§  Freshly ground black pepper
§  1 oz crumbled feta
§  2 English muffins, toasted and buttered (optional)

1.      Heat oil in a 10″ or 12″ nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add spinach and cook until wilted; stir in the sundried tomatoes and heat through, about 2 minutes.
2.      Stir the eggs into the spinach and sundried tomatoes and add the garlic powder, oregano, and a little black pepper.  Using a spatula, stir the eggs until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.  Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the feta.  Divide the eggs between the English muffins and serve hot.

No comments: