About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Easy Chicken Curry

We LOVE curry and recently my parents got me a pressure cooker so I have been searching for new recipes specifically designed for the pressure cooker. Since I assume most (if not all) of the people that will see this will NOT have a pressure cooker, I am adapting it for stovetop. Curry is usually very expensive and complicated so I am grateful for this new, tasty recipe. The recipe is from Diana's Kitchen and can be found at the following address: http://www.dianaskitchen.com/page/pressure/p9910_11.htm

CHICKEN CURRY

3 lbs chicken, cut into strips
2 Tbsp shortening or oil
2 tsp curry powder
2 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste (I would use a bit less next time)
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup water
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk

Add oil to a skillet and heat on medium. Add chicken and brown through. Season with combined curry powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add onions, vinegar, and water. *DO NOT ADD COCONUT MILK AT THIS STAGE! Stir together and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and keep on a plate in the microwave or oven. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir into liquid in skillet at once. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Add chicken back into the skillet and mix to combine. Serve over hot, cooked rice.

Makes 4-6 servings.

No comments: