About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Caramel Apple Cider

We love flavorful beverages at our house and when I saw this recipe on the wonderful site http://jandeecrafts.blogspot.com/ I knew that we had to try it! Unfortunately, I don't think ours turned out the way that it was supposed to. It was REALLY strong, literally like we were DRINKING carameled apples. But I believe it has the potential to be a lot better. Just be really careful. Don't make your initial apple cider too strong. I know it is tempting, but the caramel/sweetened milk will add a LOT of sweetness. And add the caramel mixture slowly, tasting it occasionally, so that you get it just right. I was making a big batch and everyone was in sugar shock for the rest of the night. Lol!

CARAMEL APPLE CIDER

11-14 oz. caramel squares or bits
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
Apple cider packets

Place all of the caramel in a microwaveable bowl with the sweetened condensed milk. Stir. Place in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue this process until caramel is completely melted and mix thoroughly. Make up apple cider packets as indicated on package. Stir in 2-3 Tbsp of caramel mix into hot apple cider. Serve!

No comments: