About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Baked Spaghetti

We have TONS of spaghetti recipes at our house. Honestly, I think I may have at least a dozen. And we have tried them all! And while they were all great and delicious in their own way... I must say that I think this one is my favorite. It comes together really quickly and simply and I made it early in the day and put it in the refrigerator for later and it was phenomenal! I was concerned that the original recipe would be too flavorless for our tastes so I added a spaghetti packet to my sauce, and I'm really glad that I did. My husband loved this recipe so much, he says it rivals his favorite spaghetti found here. When Jake asked me what we were having for dinner I told him, "Imagine if spaghetti and lasagna had a baby..." That is this dish! Spaghetti noodles in a lasagna sauce... YUM!

BAKED SPAGHETTI

2 Tbsp. butter
1 lb. ground beef
¼ c. onion
¼ tsp. basil
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 pkg spaghetti sauce mix
15 ounce can tomato sauce (I used two 8 oz. cans)
1 c. cottage cheese (I used fat free)
16 ounces spaghetti noodles
Cheddar cheese

Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Sauté together in a pan the butter, ground beef and onion; drain. Mix in basil, salt, garlic powder, spaghetti sauce mix if you are using it and tomato sauce. Take off heat and add cottage cheese. Add noodles. Put all ingredients in a 9x13 pan. Top with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: