About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ranger Cookies

Is there anything better than a hot cookie? How about a hot cookie with milk!? YUM!!! These are probably some of my all time favorite cookies. The combination of all of the different flavors and textures gives this cookie an amazing taste personality. My brothers probably had 5-10 each. And that is just as they came out of the oven. LOL! Ironically, I originally tasted this recipe because I was aiding some kids at West Jordan High School in a Foods I class. Guess I got something out of high school!

RANGER COOKIES
From King Arthur Flour

1 cup (6 1/4 ounces) vegetable shortening or butter
1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) brown sugar, firmly packed, light or dark
1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 cups (8 1/2 ounces) All-Purpose Flour (I used wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (3 1/2 ounces) old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup (2 1/2 ounces) shredded coconut
1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips (I did half chocolate chips and half peanut butter chips)
3 cups (2 3/8 ounces) crispy rice cereal or cornflakes (We only had Wheat Chex but it still worked great!)

Beat together the shortening and sugars, vanilla and salt until fluffy; add the eggs and beat until smooth.

In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add the flour mixture to the shortening mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in the oats, coconut, chips and cereal, mixing just until blended.

Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake the cookies in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Yield: 60 (2- to 2 1/2- inch) cookies.

No comments: