About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wheat Pancakes with Homemade Strawberry Jam

Wheat Pancakes are a staple at my parent's house. My mom never uses white flour - just wheat. It is so satisfying and filling. If you have the opportunity to make wheat pancakes you SHOULD. You will feel better and be more full! These pancakes are moist and tender and just melt in your mouth. They are so fabulous hot off the griddle - you don't even need butter! Plus, jam on pancakes is SOOOO much better than syrup! This homemade jam is fantastic - I could eat it plain! (and I probably have on more than one occasion. :-))

WHEAT PANCAKES

1 c. whole wheat kernels
1 ½ c. milk
1 egg
½ c. oil
2 tsp. sugar (opt.) (or you can use honey if you want to be even more healthy)
1 tsp. salt
3 tsp. baking powder

Put wheat in blender. Add 1 c. milk and blend at high speed for 3 minutes. Add another ½ c. milk and blend a minute or two longer. Add other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Cook on griddle.

HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM

5 ½ c. strawberries, blended
2 c. sugar
3 heaping Tbsp. clear gel
½ c. light corn syrup

Mix clear gel with sugar. Whisk into blended strawberries while slowly adding sugar. Add karo and mix well. Refrigerate or freeze in storage containers.

No comments: