About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake Dessert

I was looking for a simple recipe that I could make in bulk for my sister's sealing dinner and I knew this one was the perfect one! I am not a cheesecake fan unless it is light and this was the perfect amount of tartness ad lightness. I actually did two of these - one in lemon and one with raspberry. I preferred the lemon one and my husband preferred the raspberry. It was pretty much a toss up between the two and what the guests like. I think it would be fun to do all sorts of flavors - lime, cranberry, strawberry, peach, etc. My aunt said that this tastes just like the cheesecake my Grandma used to make while she was alive. I'm not kidding about how easy it is - try it! You will love it!

The picture and recipe are courtesy of Eat at Home Cooks and can be found here.

LEMON CHEESECAKE DESSERT
From Eat at Home Cooks

• 1 box lemon jello (gelatin) (3oz box)
• 1 cup very hot water
• 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
• 1 Tbs. sugar
• 1 stick butter, melted
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed

Dissolve the jello in hot water. Set aside to cool.

Stir the sugar and graham cracker crumbs together. Add the butter and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup for the topping. Press the rest into a 9×13 pan.

Combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a mixer bowl. Beat until well combined. Stir in the lemon jello, until well combined. Fold in the frozen whipped topping until it’s all blended. Pour this onto the crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until the next day.

No comments: