The only thing I changed in this recipe was that I used roasted peanuts instead of walnuts. We are very allergic to walnuts and so that option wasn't going to fly for us. The peanuts definitely give it a peanut butter undertone but it was a good compliment to the rest of the bar. You could also do chopped almonds or pecans if you want to turn over a pretty penny to purchase them!
The picture and recipe are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found here.
CHILI’S CHOCOLATE CHIP PARADISE PIE
From Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- caramel sauce
- hot fudge sauce
- more chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a jelly roll pan (this is the bakers half sheet size - it’s like 11 1/2 inch x 16 1/2 x 1 or you could use 2 9×13 inch pans. The pie may be a little thicker and may take a little longer to cook).
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and melted butter; beat with electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add to the sugar mixture; mix well.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40+ minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*NOTE!!! I used 2 9x13 inch pans to cook mine and it took about 35 minutes for them to cook. I did, however, bake them one at a time because my oven wouldn't fit both pans. Just be careful about the cooking time. I would start with 30 minutes and go up from there.