About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ham N Egg (Potato) Skillet

Sorry I have been MIA for a while! I had kidney stones last week and definitely was not up to cooking. I return with a wonderful new recipe that we had for dinner all by itself without any other side dishes. I loved how predominate the potato was in this recipe and I definitely think that it should be called Ham N Potato Skillet. The egg is not a predominate part of this meal. Lots of users on Allrecipes.com (where I got this recipe) said that they increased the amount of egg and decreased the amount of potatoes. I did not do this and it suited my taste buds perfectly - but do what you wish! Also, I doubled the recipe all around except for the cheese. I thought 2 cups of grated cheese would be overkill and so I only put in 1 cup. If you want the dish to be especially cheesy, go ahead and use the amount called for. The recipe and picture are courtesy of Allrecipes.com and can be found here.

HAM N EGG (Potato) SKILLET

From Allrecipes.com

• 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
• 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used half this amount)
• salt (I used seasoning salt) and pepper to taste

1. In a skillet, saute potatoes in butter until tender and golden brown. Add the onion and green pepper; saute until crisp-tender. Add ham, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook until eggs are completely set, stirring occasionally.

No comments: