About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burgers Stroganoff

Talk about an easy recipe - This one only has 4 ingredients! We really enjoyed this recipe and I especially liked the sauce even though it is so basic. I only used 1 lb. of ground beef and patted my patties thin enough that I still got 6 out of it. We didn't want super thick patties. The only thing that I would change next time would be to add some onion somewhere whether it be Lipton onion soup mix to the ground beef, onion powder to the sauce, or just eating the burger with onions. The ketchup makes the sauce just a little sweet and I thought it needed the edge the onion would give it. But, once again, this recipe is so simple and comes together so quickly you can't really complain! The picture and recipe are courtesy of Campbell's Kitchen and can be found here.

BURGERS STROGANOFF
From Campbell’s Kitchen

1 1/2 pounds ground beef (I just used 1 lb.)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/3 cup sour cream
6 bagels, split

1. Shape the beef into 6 (1/2-inch thick) burgers.
2. Cook the burgers in batches in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
3. Stir the soup and ketchup in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the burgers to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the burgers are cooked though.
4. Stir in the sour cream. Serve the burgers and sauce on the bagels. (And any of your favorite burger toppings: pickles, tomato, lettuce, etc..)

Makes: 6 servings.

No comments: