About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Boneless Buffalo Wings

We are big fans of the Sticky Finger dinner at Winger's at our house. But... I don't really like paying $25ish for one meal. I found this easy recipe on BlogChef.net. You can check out his original recipe along with LOTS of different options for the sauce at this site: http://blogchef.net/how-to-make-boneless-chicken-wings/. The sauce I have included below is my own recipe and I really liked how it turned out. It is just a bit tangy with a kick-back. My husband LOVED this meal and so did I! This will definitely be a repeated recipe in our house!

BONELESS BUFFALO WINGS
From BlogChef.net

CHICKEN
• oil for deep frying
• 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 egg
• 1 cup milk
• 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips

SAUCE
• 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 3 T Brown sugar
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp white vinegar

1. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika in a large bowl. Whisk together the egg and milk in a small bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, and then roll in the flour blend. Repeat so that each piece of chicken is double coated. Refrigerate breaded chicken for 20 minutes.
3. Fry chicken in the hot oil, in batches. Cook until the exterior is nicely browned, and the juices run clear, 5 to 6 minutes a batch. Drain on a paper towel and place in a large bowl.
4. Combine hot sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, white vinegar and butter in a small bowl. Microwave sauce on High until melted and sugar has dissolved, 20 to 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the cooked chicken; mix to coat.

*Just a few NOTES: I used 3 good sized chicken breasts and the flour mixture was not enough to double coat ALL of my pieces. I double coated as many as I could and just left it at that. If you like thicker breading on your chicken you will definitely want to double coat, but I liked both just as well.

Next time I will double my sauce amount. The amount listed above is enough to cover your pieces, but not enough to drench them or have any for extra dipping. Also, these would be really good dipped in ranch.

No comments: