About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Easy Barbecue Crispy Chicken Melts

Despite the name being pretty long, this is a very simple meal! Juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken served with your favorite side dish? What more could you want for the end of your day? My husband who is not a chicken breast lover - he doesn't like the taste of just chicken - really loved this meal! The tangy barbecue sauce and the crispy outside coating are a great compliment to one another. The only change I made was that I sprinkled a little bit of grated parmesan cheese and paprika on my chicken before putting it in the oven. Since I have been pregnant I have had a hard time with salt tasting extra strong to me so I didn't add any salt to my mix. I think it was plenty flavorful without it. Also, I know it calls for "Original Bisquick Mix." I didn't have this on hand but I do have the Krusteaz pancake mix and it worked just as well. The picture and recipe are courtesy of BettyCrocker.com and can be found here.

EASY BARBECUE CRISPY CHICKEN MELTS
From BettyCrocker.com

3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
*4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
1/4 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)

1. Heat oven to 425°F. In 13x9-inch pan, place butter. Heat in oven 2 to 3 minutes or until melted.
2. In shallow dish, stir Bisquick mix and pepper. Pour milk into small bowl. Coat chicken with Bisquick mixture, then dip into milk and coat again with Bisquick mixture. Place chicken in pan.
3. Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
4. In small microwavable bowl, microwave barbecue sauce uncovered on High about 30 seconds or until warm. Spoon sauce evenly over chicken; top with cheese.

Makes 4 servings

*NOTE: I used 2 thick chicken breasts that I sliced in half. If I used this method again I will probably reduce the cooking time about 5 minutes.

No comments: