About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Dinner

I got the inspiration for this recipe based on the chicken tin foil dinners that I grew up with. I didn't have time to do tin foil dinners so I pulled this together - It turned out great! Very flavorful and just a bit spicy. We'll do this one again sometime!

BARBECUE CHICKEN DINNER
Shayla Original

3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained - reserve 1/2 cup juice
5-6 potatoes, diced
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup pineapple juice (from tidbits)
1/2 cup sour cream

Boil a pot of water. Place diced potatoes in boiling water and cook until tender; drain. In the meantime, place cut up chicken into a skillet. When chicken is almost cooked through add pineapple tidbits to skillet and heat together. If you add the pineapple too soon the added liquid will boil your chicken instead of "fry" it. Add chicken and pineapple to the pot with the drained potatoes. Stir in barbecue sauce, pineapple juice and sour cream. Heat gently on the stove just until the mixture is heated through. Serve!

No comments: