I am discovering that I have a new found love for zucchini. Who would have thought I just needed to have it prepared right? FYI - boiling it in a pot of water until tender is NOT right. This Flat Bread is SOOO good that, despite the fact that it is heading towards midnight, I want to go make it RIGHT NOW! In fact, I need to pick up some of the zucchini my neighbor promised me and whip some more of this up. I made my own crust instead of spending $5 for the Boboli crust and it was FAB-U-LOUS! This is a pretty easy and straightforward recipe. Try it and you will love it!
Picture and recipe are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found at this site here: http://realmomkitchen.com/3059/zucchini-flat-bread/
ZUCCHINI FLAT BREAD
From Real Mom Kitchen
Printer Friendly Version
- 1 large Boboli® pizza crust (14 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch slices (you want about 2 dozen slices)
- 1 1/2 tsp. *Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning (You can buy it at Costco or Sam’s)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I just eyeballed it as to what looked good)
- 1/2 of a small can sliced olives, drained
- Place zucchini slices on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on these you just want to get them tender and about 1/2 the thickness they were originally. If you cook them too long they will burn.
- Brush top of pizza crust with olive oil. Arrange cooked zucchini slices on crust.
- Sprinkle seasoning over zucchini followed by cheese. Then top cheese with olives.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is nice and melted.
- Cut into wedges or squares.