About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zucchini Flat Bread

I am discovering that I have a new found love for zucchini. Who would have thought I just needed to have it prepared right? FYI - boiling it in a pot of water until tender is NOT right. This Flat Bread is SOOO good that, despite the fact that it is heading towards midnight, I want to go make it RIGHT NOW! In fact, I need to pick up some of the zucchini my neighbor promised me and whip some more of this up. I made my own crust instead of spending $5 for the Boboli crust and it was FAB-U-LOUS! This is a pretty easy and straightforward recipe. Try it and you will love it!

Picture and recipe are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found at this site here: http://realmomkitchen.com/3059/zucchini-flat-bread/

ZUCCHINI FLAT BREAD
From Real Mom Kitchen
Printer Friendly Version
  • 1 large Boboli® pizza crust (14 oz.)
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/8 inch slices (you want about 2 dozen slices)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. *Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning (You can buy it at Costco or Sam’s)
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese (I just eyeballed it as to what looked good)
  • 1/2 of a small can sliced olives, drained
  1. Place zucchini slices on a baking sheet and cook at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Keep an eye on these you just want to get them tender and about 1/2 the thickness they were originally. If you cook them too long they will burn.
  2. Brush top of pizza crust with olive oil. Arrange cooked zucchini slices on crust.
  3. Sprinkle seasoning over zucchini followed by cheese. Then top cheese with olives.
  4. Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese is nice and melted.
  5. Cut into wedges or squares.
*NOTE: Do you remember my post about the Breadsticks? The garlic seasoning that I listed on that recipe is the same thing as this stuff. Make your own if you don't already have it on hand!

No comments: