About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

This is a great and simple lunch! I got the original recipe from Mindika Moments and slightly adapted it. Check out her blog! It is awesome!

The only changes I made were to use canned chicken instead of chopped boiled eggs and onion powder because I used the last of my onion in a different recipe. It was great! I loved that there was not very much mayonnaise so it stayed light. Try this one out! Ymmy!

CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES
Adapted from Mindika Moments

1 can premium chicken chunks, mixed into shreds
1/2 C. celery; diced (about 1 or 2 stocks)
1/4 C. red onion; minced (or green onion)* (or onion powder if you still want the flavor and not the raw onion)
1-2 T. fresh parsley; minced
1/4 C. mayo
1 1/2 t. lemon juice
1/2 t. paprika
salt & pepper

1. In a small bowl combine the mayo, lemon juice, and paprika. Mix well.
2. Add the canned chicken, celery, onion and parsley. Fold to combine.
3. Salt & pepper to taste.
4. Serve on your favorite bread. (serves 4)


*If you're not a fan of raw onion, try adding diced radishes. They add a wonderful crunch and a bit of spice without the overpowering aftertaste of onion

No comments: