About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Roasted Green Cabbage Wedges

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!! I LOVE cabbage and this is my new favorite way to eat it! I never even thought about roasting my vegetables but it is seriously the best way to cook them. My husband was RAVING about this and that is always a bonus. And talk about cheap? It will cost you for the cabbage as long as you already have oil, salt, and pepper on hand. YUMMY!!! The picture is courtesy of a fabulous new cooking site I found called Meet Me in the Kitchen. You can find the site and recipe here. Thanks to Mary Ann Murray for this wonderful new recipe!

Roasted Green Cabbage Wedges from January 2010 Martha Stewart Living

Serves 8

1 small head green cabbage (about 2 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 wedges, core intact
1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Arrange cabbage on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush both sides of wedges with oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Roast, flipping half-way through, until edges are brown and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.

Squeeze lemons over cabbage.

No comments: