About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eclair Cake

My wonderful Grandma Traci gave me this recipe that she got from the ladies she is working with to put together BYU Women's Conference. I didn't actually make it, but I passed the recipe on to my mom to make for a family dinner. It was great! It was a wonderful combination of flavors and wasn't too rich. I loved the texture and I must say, this was a MILLION times better than a normal eclair! The picture is from this site here.

ÉCLAIR CAKE

1 box graham crackers
2 boxes French vanilla instant pudding
3 ½ cups milk
8-9 oz. Cool whip

Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Layer bottom of pan with one row of graham crackers, covering all areas of the pan. Mix pudding with milk and allow to set. Blend with cool whip. Spread half on graham crackers. Layer another row of graham crackers. Spread second half of pudding on 2nd layer of graham crackers. Layer another row (last) of crackers on top and refrigerate for 2 hours.

FROSTING:

3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cocoa
6 Tbsp butter – softened
2/3 cup milk
4 sp light corn syrup
4 tsp vanilla

Blend sugar and cocoa, add butter and milk – mix well with mixer. Add corn syrup and vanilla and mix until creamy. Spread frosting on top of crackers, cover and refrigerate overnight.

No comments: