About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Balsamic Roasted Red Potatoes

We got a 10 lb. bag of potatoes from Wal-Mart for $0.58 so I was online looking for ways to use them up. This recipe from Allrecipes.com got great reviews and smelled SOOOO good cooking up in my kitchen. The only thing I would do differently next time is to either thinly slice the wedges or poke holes in the potatoes before cutting them up. The flavoring on the outside was fantastic but it didn't get into the middle of the potatoes and so we just dipped our wedges in some more balsamic vinegar. They were definitely yummy!

BALSAMIC ROASTED RED POTATOES
From Allrecipes.com

• 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
• 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered (I used russet potatoes)
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion (I used red onion and it was fabulous!)
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion and garlic; toss to combine. Add the thyme, rosemary and nutmeg; toss well. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are hot.
2. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Add the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss well. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

No comments: