About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Fettuccine with Sweet Pepper Cayenne Sauce, Meatless

There is precious little that I enjoy eating more than a well made pasta dish. What is it about pasta? It is so delicious and so comforting! And one week after having a baby that is exactly the kind of food I am looking for! The kidlets and I are spending our days at my parent's house right now to help me get adjusted to being a mother of 2 so I can't take credit for making this dish. Basically I bring the ingredients that I bought intending to make these dishes before my baby came a week earlier than expected and my mom throws it together! Great arrangement, no?

This pasta dish is very creamy with a slight kick to it. We "one-and-a-half-times"d this recipe and left the amount of cayenne pepper originally called for the same. If you want to be adventurous you are welcome to be but it really is good with just a subtle kick to it instead of a left hook to the mouth.

The original recipe is courtesy of Allrecipes.com and can be found at this site here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fettuccine-with-sweet-pepper-cayenne-sauce/photo-gallery.aspx?Page=2

The picture is courtesy of Dough See Dough and can be found at this site here: http://doughseedough.net/2009/07/05/fettuccine-with-sweet-pepper-cayenne-sauce/

FETTUCCINE WITH SWEET PEPPER CAYENNE SAUCE
From Allrecipes.com
REMINDER RECIPE! One Year Ago: Chicken Stir Fry Wraps (click on the "C" of chicken)
REMINDER RECIPE! Two Years Ago: Sticky Fingers like Wingers! (click on the "S" of sticky)

  • 12 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
  • 2 red bell peppers, julienned
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
  • 3/4 cup chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
  2. Meanwhile, spray cooking oil in a large skillet and saute red bell peppers, garlic and cayenne pepper over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in sour cream and broth; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
  4. Toss hot pasta with sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste; serve.

1 comment:

Amy Jeans said...

Just ate this. It was really good. Thanks for sharing. I think next time I'm going to add some plum tomatoes and maybe some green onions. I used whole wheat spaghetti since that's what I had in my pantry, yummy and I loved the small kick!