About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Best Marinara Sauce Yet

I love the taste of fresh ingredients and this sauce was definitely no exception. I don't know if I would go so far as to say it was the "best" marinara sauce I have ever had but it was definitely good. And it is so easy to throw together that it is well worth making the sauce from scratch. Now all I need is some good mozzarella sticks to dip in this sauce...

The recipe is courtesy of Allrecipes.com and can be found at this site: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-marinara-sauce-yet/detail.aspx (picture courtesy of Soup Loving Nicole)


BEST MARINARA SAUCE YET
Adapted from Allrecipes.com

2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (you can also used diced tomatoes)
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 4 tsp. dried)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 tablespoons olive oil (we cut this back to 3-4 Tbsp.)
1/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup white wine (we substituted chicken broth)

In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.

In a large skillet over medium heat sauté the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine/chicken broth.

Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments: