About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Baked Tortellini

I don't know how it happened but it seems like all the meals I have planned lately have been from Real Mom Kitchen. She just has a lot of recipes that look good to me I guess!

This recipe was another hit! Super easy to prepare, this rich pasta went a lot further than I was anticipating.

This pasta is not for the feint of heart. Although it is a meatless dish it is packed with cheeses and heavy whipping cream. I tried to lighten it up a bit by using spinach and cheese tortellini and low fat cheeses. I also paired it with a salad with fat free dressing. May as well cut calories where you can!

This entire recipe came together in less than 30 minutes and only has a few ingredients. It would be delicious served with garlic bread as well.

The recipe is courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found here.

Baked Tortellini
From Real Mom Kitchen
Reminder Recipe! One Year Ago: Sloppy Joes

  • 3 cups or 1 (13 oz) bag fresh cheese tortellini
  • 1  (24 oz) jar of marinara sauce
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 11 x 7-inch baking pan.
  2. In a pot of boiling water, cook tortellini for 3 minutes.  You don’t want it fully cooked because it will cook more in the oven. Drain and place in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking.
  3. Combine the marinara, cream, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.  Then add to the pasta and gently toss until coated. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
  4. Place the tortellini into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and mozzarella.  Then bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until lightly browned.

No comments: