About Me

My photo
Who am I? Wife. Mother of 2. "Newbie" to fitness. Personal Trainer-in-training. Lover of health. Fitness. Religion. Family. Gluten and refined sugar intolerant. Welcome to my journey. Learn with me.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Dripping Roast Beef Sandwiches with Melted Cheese

I may have mentioned already that the two cravings I cannot kick this pregnancy are lemonade and sandwiches. I am ALWAYS craving those two things. When I got this recipe in my inbox one day I knew right away that it would be a keeper around here. And boy was I right! It is extremely flavorful despite the very small ingredient list and came together super fast. I was definitely wishing that I had more room in my stomach for these bad boys! 

I have listed my adapted recipe below but if you would like to view the original you can find it and the link to this lovely picture here.


DRIPPING ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES WITH MELTED CHEESE
Adapted from Campbell’s Kitchen
Reminder Recipe! One Year Ago: Chicken With Lemon Sauce

1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
1 tablespoon reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
4 soft hoagie rolls  
1 cup shredded mozzarrella cheese 
1/2 - 1 cup drained hot or mild pickled banana pepper rings

1. Heat the broiler on your oven.

2. Heat the soup and Worcestershire in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the beef and heat through, stirring occasionally.

3. Divide the beef evenly among the rolls. Top the beef with the shredded cheese and place the sandwiches onto a baking sheet.

4. Broil for 2 - 3 minutes or until the sandwiches are toasted and the cheese is melted. Be careful to watch your sandwiches so they don't burn! Top each sandwich with amount of pepper rings that will best suit your taste buds. (Let's be honest though... banana peppers are AWESOME!)


5. Place remaining soup in a mug or small bowl. Dip sandwiches into sauce like you would a French Dip sandwich.

TIP! You can also spoon the soup over your sandwiches. This sounded like soggy sandwiches to me so I opted for the dipping strategy. Good thing too because my husband loved the sandwiches by themselves so much he didn't want anything to do with the extra soup!

Makes: 4 sandwiches.

No comments: