What more could you want in life than breakfast for your birthday dinner? I contest there is nothing else you could want! And since it is my birthday today I get to have whatever I want to. I have so many wonderful breakfast recipes that I want to try that it was hard to decide which one I wanted the most, but I cannot kick my lemon craving this pregnancy so this recipe ultimately won out. And it was AMAZING! Don't be afraid of the amount of lemon juice this calls for - it is the perfect amount and they are divine. And the blackberry sauce is a perfect compliment. Serve them up with some sausage and hashbrowns and you may as well die and go to heaven!!!! This is one we will do in our home again and again!
The recipe and picture are courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen and can be found here.
LEMON RICOTTA PANCAKES
From Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and canola oil.
- Gently fold the ricotta mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix. This batter will be thick.
- Heat a griddle or a nonstick skillet over medium heat and coat with canola oil. Drop about 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle or skillet. Cook the pancakes until browned on the underside and beginning to set, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about two minutes longer. Continue making pancakes until batter is gone. Serve warm with blackberry sauce. Makes about 10 pancakes.
From Real Mom Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 cup frozen blackberries
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk the water into the sugar mixture until well blended. Cook over medium heat until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in blackberries. Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Serve warm over the lemon ricotta pancakes.